Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Naturhistorisches Museum Wien - self portrait

The other day my boyfriend and I visited the Naturhistorisches Museum Wien (the Natural History Museum Vienna).

Visiting this museum on a Sunday is definitely worth it, I felt like a small child on a field trip with class again. Going through the museum made me really excited and I enjoyed going to every new room there was. So much to look at!

The museum is an absolutely beautiful building itself, it was built in 1889 and feels like a palace. There are two floors - one with minerals, stones, dinosaurs and anthropology and the other floor full with various animals.

When having a coffee in the top floor, I took two shots of the beautiful dome, whilst my boyfriend took some shots of me. One of which I used as a reference for drawing my first ever self portrait.

~
~
~
~

Right across from the National History Museum is the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien, which is the Museum of Art; that is still on my list of must-see places in Vienna. 

Both of these Museums are right in the city center and about a 1 minute walk to Hofburg (yet another palace, just much bigger) and a 1 minute walk the other direction is Museumsquartier, the arts and museums district. 

So if you love art and have a spare day in Vienna, definitely head the Natural History Museum direction, that is, right here (map).

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip! The dome is absolutely divine! Your first self-portrait is definitely a good one...it really does look almost as gorgeous as you do! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sandy :* It was indeed a very inspiring and amazing trip :) I'm really happy you liked my mini reportage! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...