Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Prague visit: Dad's studio and Loučeň castle


I really should have taken more pictures in my Dad's studio, but I hope at least a little bit of the atmosphere shines through the 3 photos above. His paintings are very powerful and each tells a story. Some tell a love story, other portray war scenes and some are scenes from a jazz club.
A lot of the things lying around his studio remind me of my childhood; I've grown up surrounded by tubes of paint, brushes and glasses with old paint in them. It's a magical place.

On Sunday afternoon we also visited Loučeň castle, which is a 40 minute drive away from Prague and is well worth the trip thanks to the - 11 labyrinths - that are in the castle park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...