Sunday, 22 June 2014

Trying out oil pastels

I got myself yet another new sketchbook (the last one was A5, the new one is A4) and whilst I was in the art shop, I could not resist to try out a new medium - oil pastels. They looked so pretty and I could not remember the last time I've used them. Maybe in high school.. simply a long time ago.
Well, aren't they pretty?


I attempted to draw a portrait of Chris with the oil pastels like 5 times. It was sooooo difficult! Now I know why I haven't fallen for oil pastels in the past. I love working on details and with these, it is almost impossible. 
In any case, I enjoyed doodling a flower pattern and I am sure I will come back to them in the upcoming days. I gotta find a way how to use them.


In the end, I picked up my good old best friend pencil :)


Please note that this is a work in progress, far from being done there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...