Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Best of 2014: what a year it was!

Dear friends, today I've decided to look back at the year 2014 and remind myself of what beautiful moments we've been through together on this blog. It was so nice to go back and flick through the articles; it felt like opening a family album and reminding myself of those tender moments that are so easy to forget in the everyday busy life.

When I was small, we would sometimes pull out family albums from our home library with my mum, cuddle up on the sofa and enjoy a stroll through our past, reminded by the photos.

Let me invite you for such a cozy moment; here are the highlights of 2014, sorted out in four quarterly sets, with one special moment per month:


January: drawing of a lady with violet earrings
February: one of the most popular articles on the blog this year - my review of Seventh Tree Soaps
March: the simple line version of this drawing became a part of my branding (as you can see on my business cards here)


April: a photo story of our trip to Sweden over Easter. Sweden has a very special place in my heart and I can't wait to be back, hopefully again next year :) That would be our 4th Easter there, I believe. 
May: my book covering DYI article went quite viral on Pinterest and became another one of the most read articles on my blog this year
June: this illustration triggers such nice memories for me. I drew it by the pool at Chris' parents house, suntanning, completely relaxed, enjoying the summer. I think that atmosphere shines through the drawing. No? :)


July: Chris and I visited my dad's art studio for the second time this year (first time here, second visit here) - it's always so inspiring
August: happy birthday card free to download and print. I've printed it myself and gave it to my dad for his birthday; it came out ever so nicely!
September: Chris' and my first time out of Europe - our trip to Curacao in pictures + a list of 10 things I've done for the first time in my life (e.g. swimming with dolphins, one of the best moments ever)


October: yet another 'first time in life experience' - our trip to New York, all in photos
November: in this and also this article, I've told you about all the big changes on the horizon for 2015. Super exciting!!
December: I looooooved sending out these Christmas cards I've designed for my friends and family 


I wish you a beautiful holiday time & all the very best into the new year. Remember, dreams come true, you just have to believe

On that note, I've got news for you which is so amazing for me, it's unreal: I've got keys to my art studio! 
This is an absolute dream come true for me; something that will only fully sink in in January, when I'll move in. I am kicking off with furniture shopping in Ikea at the beginning of Jan and then I'll have all the time in the world to draw and create.
I'll keep you posted and will definitely take pictures to show you my new dream work space.

Take care and all the best,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...