Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Launch of Swedish Forest pattern collection


A couple of days back, I've finished working on my new collection of patterns called Swedish Forest. Working on the collection took me about a month on and off and I truly enjoyed every bit of the process. 

I've submitted the collection to a design challenge by Bonnie Christine from Going Home To Roost within her Skillshare course and would be SO honored if I made it within the three winners. The results will be announced on Bonnie's blog on May 22nd. Have a look if you are curious :) I'll be impatiently waiting for the announcement!

The collection is based on my childhood memories from summers I've spent in Sweden with my grandmother, visiting my aunt. These memories belong to my dearest day dream getaways ever and it only felt natural to create a set of patterns based on them. I do hope that one day, I could re-visit this little place in Sweden that I haven't been to in the past 15 years as my aunt moved to the South of Sweden, hundreds of kilometers away from where she lived before. 

Till then, the fairy land will continue living in my head and hopefully, you'll be able to get a feeling of the atmosphere from the patterns.

Color version #1:

Color version #2:
Did you know that Swedish villages have mailboxes at one spot, all lined up on a wooden fence? Houses don't have a mailbox at their entrance, all of the mailboxes are at one place and people pick up their post there. It looks a bit like this. At least that's how it was 15 years ago :) Gosh do I feel old when I am starting to use phrases like '15 years ago'!

I really enjoyed putting the patterns into perspective through product mockups. Seeing the patterns on things that I could have at home is just so rewarding. It makes my dreams a little more visual :)

I'd love to hear what you think of the collection - any favorite patterns or ideas for products you'd like to see them on?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Swedish forest. Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viktorija!! I'm a HUUUUGE fan of your work and so your comment totally made my day, juhuhuuuuh :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...